First time to TreatIC.com? Awesome! Welcome!
Though we adore our health care providers, we are focused on self-managing our Interstitial Cystitis.
Now, we aren’t going to waste much time explaining what Interstitial Cystitis (IC) is. If you’re reading this, you already know all about it.
In fact, you know lots of things about IC:
- That IC is hard to diagnose and even harder to live with.
- That, unless you’ve been diagnosed yourself or are close with someone who has IC, no one knows what IC is
- That bladder pain deserves its own special place in the dictionary under ‘worst thing ever’
- That someone who has never dealt with depression before just might find themselves in the darkest place they have ever been after being told they have IC
- That no matter what they say, when you have a disease that can’t be SEEN, people don’t believe how much pain you are in
- That though the medical field is really good at fixing things like broken bones, they aren’t that good at fixing chronic and hard to understand diseases like Interstitial Cystitis.
- That feeling better means taking personal responsibility for our bodies. And that means we need more than only what our doctor prescribes.
But with all you know about IC, there may be one thing you haven’t been told:Hope exists. People get better.
I know because I’m one of them.
So, since you’re new here, let me show you around! Click on the links below to go straight to what interests you:
- natural anti-depressants & mood stabilizers
- bladder lining protectors
- Urinary antiseptics
- UTI prevention
- general bladder health
- Keto & the IC Diet
- Recipe Books
- Low Acid Foods
- Low Acid Drinks
- Other websites
- Urine dipstick testing